"The Woodville Palace Hotel, home of the Maharaja of Jubbal, is another survival. You sit in the Tiger Lounge and take in the sightless eyes of the tigers which stare down at you; below is a signed daguerrotype picture of Queen Victoria, The Sultan of Johore, Malaysia, and of Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur. In the hall, are two signed pictures of the Viceroy of India, Lord Willingdon and his Vicerene, Lady Willingdon. Besides these are the signed photographs of Hollywood stars of the thirty's... shooting and snobbery, viceroys and film stars, everything that might interest a 1930's Maharaja is here."
- William Dalrymple, eminent writer of books such as White Mughals
We would like to mention that we do not provide Central-Heating in winter or Air-Conditioning in Summer. Fans will be provided on request.
- Chetan Anand, film producer and director
" Everything wonderful ! "
- Priya Rajvansh, film actress
" Easily the best hotel in the country, with high standards in respect of courtesy, food and hospitality "
- Hema Malini, film actress and classical dancer
The best place,no doubt ! Fantastic service.
- Deven Verma, film star and comedian
" Fabulous place, delicious food and we are all very well looked after. Yadh Rahega !! "
- Rajesh Khanna, super star of the seventies
" An individual enterprise, worth emulating. Wish Simla had more places like this to make it more worth a visit. Thanks to each one here. "
- Raj Kumar, film star and character actor
" Thank you ----for the memory "
- Trevor Howard, British Actor
" Four weeks of great pleasure and beauty "
- Celia Johnson, British Actress
" Lovely, lovely stay ! "
- Zia Mohyuddin, Pakistan born British Actor
" Words have no power to describe the love, the honesty and the charm of everybody at Woodville. You have all besieged my heart ! Love to you all."
- Indian born British Actor, Saeed Jaffrey.
" I, Parkash Mehra, personally can say that Woodville is just a second home to me. The personal touch and services are fantastic. Whenever I am in Shimla, I will come again."
- Parkash Mehra. Indian Film Producer & Director.
" Lovely Raja and a Lovely Praja! Best wishes to you all."
- Suresh Oberoi. Indian Film Actor.
" Comfort, class and courtesy coupled with the warm and winning ways of Uday Singhji really made my stay most enjoyable. Wish you all success in your expansion plans."
- Vijendra Ghatge. Indian Film And Television Character.
" Really fabulous place! Wish I could have stayed longer."
- Sanjay Dutt. Indian Film Actor.
" Inspite of cold weather, it was really wonderful being at Woodville."
- Mithun Chakraborthy. Indian Film Actor.
" A very beautiful place. Food was excellent."
- Rakhee Gulzar. Indian Film Actress.
" A pleasure to stay in a hotel which is run and managed as a home. Full marks to the owner."
- Amrish Puri. Indian Film Actor.
" A beautiful place full of beautiful people.Thank you for making our stay so comfortable."
- Arbaaz Khan. Indian Film Actor.
" Excellent enviroment and warmth. Some of the paintings, old curios and works of art are exquisite. I was enchanted with this property.
- Amjad Khan. Indian Film Character Actor.
" I enjoyed the palace and the hospitality. Our stay was very pleasant and we will return someday."
- Raj Kanwar. Indian Film Producer and Director.